Ancient Village Adventure
See Howth Village through the eyes of a local & his Dog! This experience will let you live, feel & breathe the real Ireland as thou you were a native. Discover the Ancient Sites of this Historic Fishing Village, on a 2 hour Adventure through time.
We start our journey hearing tales of Viking and Norman invasions and learning about the history of the 700-year-old castle. Immerse yourself in Irish culture as we walk through the ruins of St. Mary’s Abbey (Built in 1042) and visit sites known only to locals (Hidden Howth).
Along the Route we will visit one of the Famous Martello Tower’s, built to defend against a Napoleonic Invasion and stop at the site of the Gun Running of Howth, where 900 Guns landed in 1914 in the fight for Irish Freedom.
Myths and Legends
There will be plenty of time for photographs, as you stroll through this picturesque fishing village and meet the local colony of seals and the huge variety of seabirds.
Whether you have a passion for Irish history or prefer listening to the myths and legends you have come to associate with ancient Ireland, there is something for everyone.
Afterwards you will receive a Video momento of your journey, including distance traveled, time taken & elevation – along with some key photos/videos from the experience – this can be treasured and shared forever.
Check Out the
- Video Momento of our Journey
- Local guide, Small-group tours
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- A cancellation fee of 100% applies for cancellations made less than 48hrs in advance, or in case of no-show.
- A cancellation fee of 50% applies for cancellations made less than 72hrs in advance.
- No cancellation fee applies for cancellations made 3 or more days in advance.
If you cannot make the tour on the date requested and you contact us with in 48hrs of your tour date, then we may be able to provide an alternative date depending on availability.
“Missy, I mean Mark!, was a fantastic tour guide and we had a wonderful time. Fantastic and interesting historical information and legends. Mark included lots of unusual facts that you don’t find in history books. Wonderfully comprehensive and we felt like we got the full experience of Howth! Great energy. Highly recommend.”